Friday 10 August 2012

A new beginning

Yes, i've done it, a new blog!

My old one dates from 2005. Many of my current dance friends, or even past ones, did not even know me then.

So time for something new. In my "other" life, as a professional historian, i write and talk and write a lot. And I love writing. So i have been thinking how to bring that part of my life into my dance life. And here we are.

I want to talk about being a dancer, a choreographer, a troupe leader, running a dance school, being part of an ever changing dance community, and how to combine running a multi-faceted business and being a dancer, with having a baby! A lot of sharing, some frustrations, a lot of thinking.

I want to talk about how I choreograph and why. About what I feel when I move. About what it is like to run a troupe. About teaching. About teaching dance to women. About totally loving what you do. About love and frustration. And about these fantastic women i get to work with. About all my travels for dance. I want to share pictures, stories, anecdotes.  I don't want to limit my online life to oneliners on facebook. And i don't want a blog that is just "hey ME", and marketing. I want to think out loud. Show you the cooking process.

Abut doing this for over 20 years in a changing world. 

And yes, right now, one floor up, I have a 17 month old in his bed.

Stay tuned, and share.

Artemisia


No comments:

Post a Comment